About The Department
The Department of Business Management (VVCE-MBA) at VVCE was conceptualised in 2008 with a focus on the creation of exceptional manpower to meet the dynamic needs of the corporate world in the ever-changing economic environment. The department offers a two-year full-time Master of Business Administration program (MBA) with an aim of developing managers capable of solving complex managerial problems.
The Ph.D. programs offered by the department are rigorous for individuals looking for a career in research and academics. We are ranked A++ by careers360 magazine in their B-School survey. Our students are taught to learn and understand organizations and management practice through the rigorous lenses of economics, statistics and psychology. Besides the Ph.D. program in Management, the department offers major specialization in functional areas like Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, and Minors in various other areas, in its MBA programs.
The major strength of the department is highly qualified faculty members, experts in their respective domain and having vast industry and academic experience. Large of their experience is available to the students, wherein the subject topics are delivered as real-life case studies. Apart from teaching, these faculty members are actively engaged in research activities like organizing conferences, workshops, sponsored projects and consultancy. The department has also organized a number of FDPs, and MDPs for business organizations and Industries Association of Mysore.
The Management program model combines a traditional but highly focused curriculum with a “shadow curriculum” of additional workshops, seminars & developing small-group learning experiences that are immersive, field-based, and action-oriented. We expect our students to immerse themselves entirely during the program duration. Our program not only delivers strong knowledge of traditional functions like finance, marketing, strategy etc. but also impart intangible personal skills – ability to use data in a persuasive manner, lead teams & projects effectively and make an immediate impact.
Leadership and Teamwork modules, Experiential and Outbound learning activities, Professional Workshops, Communication skills and Personality development capsules, Industrial Visits, Guest Lectures, Summer Internship Programme, Live projects, etc are the highlights of our MBA program.
Dr. PSV BALAJI RAO
Professor and Head
Department of Business Administration
The Department of Business Administration will be the premier source for Management Education, Workforce Training, Partnerships and Professional Development
- To provide a quality education through excellent teaching- learning environment
- To inculcate ethics, leadership qualities, communication and entrepreneurial skills for professional development
- To inculcate research culture among the faculty and students
- To provide knowledge resources for career growth of working professionals
- To promote association with leading institutions for enhancing learning opportunities
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
PEO1: Apply problem-solving skills for ethical management practices in public and private sectors to meet the growing expectations of stakeholders.
PEO2: Exhibit the ability to take part in team-oriented tasks, discussions, and activities that prepare individuals to work as a team member as well as a leader with cross-functional teams.
PEO3: Demonstrate global perspectives to recognize and effectively turn international business dimensions into innovative business projects either as intrapreneur or entrepreneur.
PO1 Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
PO2 Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
PO3 Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability.
PO4 Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business.
PO5 Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment.
PO6 Ability to demonstrate systematic investigation for addressing business challenges
Business Application Software lab
online resource lab
Technical Talks organized by Department
- A guest lecture on “Strategic Management” was organized on March 18, 2017 for second semester students. Mr.Shama Sunder was the Resource person.
- A guest lecture on “HR Analytics” was organized on April 22, 2017 for fourth semester students. The resource person was Raman
- A guest lecture on “Career Opportunities in Banking Sector” was organised on April 08,2017 for fourth semester students .The resource person was Vikas Gowda –Regional Manager, ICICI Bank Ltd
- A guest lecture on “Corporate Governance and role of corporate secretary in ensuring good corporate governance” was organized on May 4,2017 for fourth semester students.The resource person was C S Manjunath, practising company secretary ,Mysuru
Workshops organized by Department
- One day workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS & MS Excel” was oragnised and conducted by in-house faculty members on 18th February 2017. More than 60 students from other management institutions participated in the workshop
- A two day workshop on “Student Engagement and Applied Learning” was conducted by Karvy Stock Broking Limited on 5th and 6th May 2017.The workshop covered topics such as corporate actions, fundamental and technical analysis.
FDP organized by Department
- A Two Day Faculty Development Programme on “Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis using SPSS and AMOS” was oragnised by the department on 27th & 28th January, 2017.Faculty members and research scholars from various management institutions in Mysuru and Bengaluru participated in this FDP.
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TOUR PROGRAM
- An International educational tour program to Academies Australia and Universal Studio, Singapore was organized for final year management students (2014-16 batch) in the month of July 2016.
- HR Club
- Finance Club
- Marketing Club