Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for BRNS, Department of Atomic Energy Funded Project
Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering is one of the prestigious engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka. Established in 1997, VVCE has grown in leaps and bounds since inception. VVCE is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, approved by AICTE, New Delhi and recognized by Govt. of Karnataka. VVCE functions through its Board of Governors constituted as per AICTE guidelines. The college is under the able leadership of Dr. B. Sadashive Gowda as Principal, who has rich experience in industry and education field both in India and abroad. Five UG programs are accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi. It is accredited by NAAC with an “A” grade. The college has excellent infrastructure coupled with qualified and passionate faculty team to provide a perfect learning and research ambience.
VVCE shall be a leading institution in engineering and management education enabling individuals for significant contribution to the society
- To provide the best teaching-learning environment through competent staff and excellent infrastructure.
- To inculcate professional ethics, leadership qualities, communication and entrepreneurial skills to meet the societal needs to promote innovation through research and development.
- To strengthen industry-institute interaction for knowledge sharing.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysuru is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for a BRNS, DAE Funded Project.
- MSc (Physics) / ME / M.Tech – Machine Design / BE / B.Tech graduates in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics may apply for the above position.
- The applicant for the above position should have research experience in an institution / industry for a minimum of 2 years.
- The candidate should have secured a minimum of 60 % marks or equivalent CGPA in their qualifying degrees.
- Candidates who have knowledge and work experience in the areas such as Cryogenics, Vacuum technology, Electronics and Instrumentation will be preferred.
- Candidates with software knowledge of AutoCAD / Solid Works / MATLAB / LabVIEW will get preference over the others.
- Hands on experience with Pulse Tube / GM Cryocoolers and Design of Experimental cryostats will be desired for the project execution.
- Project Period: Two (2) years and the position is contractual.
- Fellowship: This will be governed by BRNS / DAE norms and the regulations of the VVCE, Mysuru.
- No TA/DA will be paid for their appearing in the interview. Candidates will be informed by email about the interview date.
- The candidate must provide active/valid email id in their applications.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of information, documents and photographs submitted.
- Mere possession of the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate will be called for interview.
- Students who are studying and not yet graduated or obtained their degrees will not be considered.
Last Date for Submitting Applications: 31st Jan 2020, 5.30 pm
Application on plain paper with complete bio-data along with photocopies of candidate’s professional certificates are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow to work in research project entitled “Development of a Cryocooler based Temperature sensor Calibration Facility from 4.2 K to 300 K” funded by BRNS, DAE, India. The applications completed in all respects should be addressed and sent to
Dr. G B Krishnappa,
Principal Investigator, BRNS Project,
Dean R&D and Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Gokulam 3rd Stage, Mysuru – 570 002,
Karnataka. Email: [email protected]