About The Department
Information Science is a field that has shrunk the world, brought distant places closer, made man get in touch with data and people, with the speed and power of lightning. The advancements in this sphere have been unbelievably tremendous. In the modern tech-savvy world, Information Science as a branch of engineering has been luring students because of its vast scope and opportunities. The focus of this branch is the design and implementation of information systems.
The Department of Information Science & Engineering was established in the year 1999. The programme prepares the students to work with emerging technologies, develop engineering skills to survive in today’s competitive IT world, The program aims at developing creative mindsets of the students and showcasing their talents and innovations in engineering.
The Department has well equipped laboratories in the areas of Computer Networks, Database Management System, System Programming and Software Testing. The Laboratories and classrooms are equipped with core i3/i5 Processors Computers, LCD Multimedia Projector and printers from Epson, HP family. The Department is equipped with the latest software with Microsoft campus agreement and also Oracle 9i, RedHat9 etc., to meet the needs of emerging technologies.
Dr. A B Rajendra
B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D.
Professor and Head
Department of Information Science and Engineering
To be a premier department for quality education in Information Science and Engineering creating competent professionals to meet the societal needs.
- Provide the best teaching-learning environment through proficient staff and excellent infrastructure.
- Inculcate professional values and entrepreneurial skills to fulfill the career and societal needs.
- Encourage innovations through research.
- Facilitate interaction with elite Institutions and Industries for knowledge sharing.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
PEO1. Design optimal solution for information science related problems with in-depth knowledge to become a successful professional.
PEO2. Become a responsible software engineer to address social challenges with professional values and entrepreneurial skills.
PEO3. Be sensitive to technological advances through continuous learning and research.
PEO4. Successfully pursue higher education and research in leading institutions.
Program specific outcomes (PSO)
Students graduating from the Department of Information Science and Engineering will
PSO1.Evaluate the functioning of computer subsystems, interfaces and system software using appropriate tools.
PSO2. Analyze, design, implement and test the information systems by applying suitable algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented technology.
PSO3.Design and develop an efficient information system for storage, retrieval, and visualization.
PSO3.Provide secure solutions in the areas of Computer Networks and Software Engineering.
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in Multi-disciplinary environments.
12. Lifelong learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
About the Course
Information Technology is an engineering division, which concentrates on the study of utilizing computers and telecommunications in order to control, gather, store and circulate information. Both software and hardware sectors are parts of Information Technology.
All Labs equipped with Computers, Printers, Racks with Switches, UPS.
- Data Structures Lab
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm Lab
- Systems Software and Operating System Lab
- Database Application Lab
- Software Testing Lab
- File Structures Lab
- Networking Lab
- Web Programming Lab
- – Seminar Hall fitted with AC and audio visual equipment
- – CCTV surveillance in entire Information Science block
- – Department has a recognized VTU Research Center
- – Lecture halls equipped with multimedia Projectors , CCTV& impartus Video Lecture recording
- – Tutorial Rooms equipped with multimedia Projectors , CCTV& impartus Video Lecture recording
HOD’s Room, Faculty Rooms & Department Office
- -Department has its own library which aims to support Departmental teaching and Research activities. Library has wide collection of books, nearly 750 books with 412 volumes relevant to the discipline.
- Dept. has an MoU with Intel through FICE and has started a new laboratory named “Intel Intelligent Systems Lab” to train the students on Embedded Systems
Technical Talks organized by Department
Industrial Visits from the ECE department
Campus Selected Students
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
The department has sought permission to establish R & D centre in the academic year 2014-15.
Intel Intelligent Systems Lab
- The Department of Information Science and Engineering has set up the INTEL Intelligent Systems Laboratory, in association with INTEL and Foundation for Innovation and Collaborative Education Pvt Ltd (FICE). INTEL Intelligent Systems Lab has been setup with an objective to enhance students employability skills by bridging the gap between industry and academia. The laboratory will train the students on Embedded systems.
Android and IOS LAB
- iOS App Development Lab was established in Department of CSE/ISE during the year 2016.
|1||Dr. Ravi Kumar V||Professor and Head||VVCE||Chairman|
|2||Mr. Dinakar||Project leader||Larsen & Toubro||Member|
|3||Mr. Prashanth N||Senior DFT Engineer||Avago Technologies, Bengaluru||Member|
|4||Dr. G Raghavendra Rao||Professor||NIE, Mysuru||Member|
|5||Dr. Vidyaraj C||Professor||NIE, Mysuru||Member|
|6||Dr. K M Anil Kumar||Professor||SJCE, Mysuru||Member|
|7||Mr. Paramesha K||Assoc. Professor||VVCE||Member|
|8||Mrs. Pooja M R||Assoc. Professor||VVCE||Member|